Universal Pharmaceutical Industries "UNIPHARMA" is one of the prominent advanced firms that is specialized in Pharmaceutical Industries in Syria, UNIPHARMA is a Limited family company established in 1990 according to The Syrian Investment Law No. 10. UNIPHARMA located about 15 Km of Damascus, at Jordan Highway, covers about 9,666 m2 built on a total flat land of 16,205 m2 and there is an expansion plan in the building of approximately 3000 sqm.
Construction was performed in compliance with GMP standards set by WHO and per cooperation with experts from the best international pharmaceutical firms, for which UNIPHARMA manufactures their products under license and under direct supervision of them to affirm quality control and quality assurance.
GMP approved by the Syrian Ministry of Health.
UNIPHARMA achieves manufacturing pharmaceutical products according to most current GMP rules and high pharmaceutical standardsUNIPHARMA has been recently acquired the Plant registration and got:
- GMP from Russian Federation MOH.
- National Medicinal board at Sudan MOH.
The up-to-date ISO 9001/2015 being awarded from SGS ; UNIPHARMA now is in the final stages to be awarded , ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
UNIPHARMA operates by balanced system among administration, production, marketing and promotion by applying electronic communication systems and computer programs in most of its activities and trying to develop such systems constantly.
UNIPHARMA products cover most of treatment fields such as :
- Cardio-vascular medicines
- Respiratory Tract medicines
- Central Nervous System medicines
- Dermatological medicines
- Gastrointestinal medicines
- Metabolism Disturbance medicines
- Anti-biotics medicines
- Antiseptics, etc.
The present production lines at UNIPHARMA are:
- Plain Tabs
- Sugar Coated Tabs & Slow Absorbed Tabs.
- Effervescent Tabs.
- Syrups & Suspensions
- Dermatological + Eye "Creams & Ointments".
- Dent paste.
- Medical shampoo
UNIPHARMA annual production is about 25,000,000 units, and its full annual capacity can reach 80,000,000 units. Of course, the good specifications of UNIPHARMA products comply with the International Norms and specifications, as imports of raw materials are exclusively from the Licensors. Following is a list of them:
|- Glaxo Smith Kline||U.K|
|- Abbott Labs||U.S.A|
|- Schering Plough Corporation||U.S.A|
|- Bayer AG||Germany|
|- MENARINI – International||Italy|
|- Bristol – Mayers Squibb||U.S.A|
|- AWD " Germed "||Germany|
|- Pierre Faber||France|
|- SOLVAY Pharmaceuticals B.V.||Holland|
|- Laboratoires Gilbert||Belgium|
|- Vifor international Inc.||Switzerland.|
|- Orion Corporation||Finland|
|- B G C M I " MEBO "||Chine|
|- HIKMA Pharmaceuticals||Jordan|
UNIPHARMA has been concerned to secure its products for the last consumer at any place in Syria through an integrated distribution net and per compact system that assures full cooperation among its sections; so that UNIPHARMA products are constantly available at the farthest of the distribution channels at all the pharmacies in Syria, in addition to their availability at hospitals, clinics, public and private medical centers; all of which per smooth, easy mechanism that secures constant equilibrium between production and its availability in the market for the consumer.
Marketing and Exportation:
UNIPHARMA, Our firm, and since its establishment has paid special attention for export, noting that this care has continuously increased owing to the constant demand of the foreign markets for our products, which are distinguished by their high quality and assured by accordance with MOH, GMP and GLP Standards.
Also our manufacture under license form many well-known International Pharmaceutical Firms and their valuable contribution by supplying us with the technical assistance and guidance as well as Know How, all of which gave us the basic support to manufacture the most renowned products of our Licensors. (Please revert to the lists of our Licensors and our products.)
Our Firms, UNIPHARMA, is currently exporting to several Arab, Asian and African countries, where our Firm and Products were duly registered. The Policy of our business in the foreign markets depends on the long sighted professional system including distinguished efficient agents, recruiting integrated and professional promotional team well trained and supplied with full skills and special courses for promotion and sales, using the up-to-date methods to follow up and study of the pharmaceutical marketing and sales to ensure the complete contact with the Medical Corps in these countries.
To ensure the satisfaction of our agents, our export department takes care of the various aspects of the process such as scientific activities of marketing, sales and training, as well as supplying our team with the various scientific studies and required documents for the health registration and export of our products per the requirements and conditions of each country.
We always welcome the firms that are interested in cooperation with us, requesting you to contact Mr. Issam Maatouk, Deputy Chairman or Dr. Ghassan Mohamad Export Manager, for this purpose.
To provide high-quality pharmaceutical/health care products that exceed customers expectations in terms of quality, convenience & cost effectiveness.
This is realized through local manufacturing of our own branded generic and under licensed branded products, and through importing, exporting, marketing and co-promotion of national & multinational pharmaceutical products.
Our mission is to lead the way in the Syrian pharmaceutical industry by:
Using the latest manufacturing processes and standards to manufacture scientifically advanced, high quality, safe, effective, locally-made products at the lowest possible cost.
Employing the widest distribution network to ensure the delivery of the highest quality manufactured pharmaceutical products at the lowest possible cost to our Syrian customers.
Continuing to export manufactured pharmaceutical products to international markets through a professional system that involves using top agents and recruiting a well trained professional promotional team who are up-to-date with the latest techniques for pharmaceutical sales, marketing and market research to best reach medical corporations in each country.
" To expand and grow unipharma's business, To maintain it's position among the top three Syrian pharmaceutical companies in the local market & abroad, through having strong presence in the local, Asian, African & European markets "
Our vision also is to be the first Syrian pharmaceutical company to have a strong R & D division to develop it's own new product formulas in addition to maintaining the top quality of existing products.
The top management of Universal Pharmaceutical Industries " UNIPHARMA with Limited Liability" , and in consideration of the company's standard and the importance of applying the ISO 9001 /2015 system , undertakes to apply a system complying with ISO standard which is summarized by :
- Keeping applying this ISO system and ensuring its performance and its development continuously.
- Producing pharmaceutical products which comply with the International Standard of GMP , which matching the Syrian Health Authority requirements and the requirements of Licensors , answering the medicines market requests and the patient's expectation.
- Applying the work SOP's that lead to producing medicines of high quality .
- Procuring the needed raw materials that complying with the defined specification .
- Employing qualified staff and training them for well work accomplishment.
- Applying procedure for Risk Management which could preserve the quality management system and the Products .
- Adhering completely with the Syrian Laws and any other rules related to the pharmaceutical Industries .
- Enhancing the team-work spirit and adequate work environment for the employees in order to incite them for making improvement in production capability for producing products complying with quality specification and also to enhance the concepts of environment control , health and safety knowledge.
- The QUALITY is the responsibility of each one working at UNIPHARMA. Everybody is keen , either in his individual own , or through team work , to apply the quality philosophy which says that UNIPHARMA is a trustable company , producing valuable medicine that help patients to improve their health life.
- Applying the Quality standard , regulatory requirements and customer's needs , shall underlie all company's efforts in developing: manufacturing processes , Promotion , Sales, Shipping and any technical upgrading .
- By striving to achieve consistently high standards of quality, UNIPHARMA seeks to receive the health authority approval for its own and licensed products through a quality build-in.
- The Quality system adopted by UNIPHARMA , helps in ensuring that its products are complying to specification and meet the medical corps , patients expectation , and the health authority requirements during the whole shelf lives of the products .
- Undertaking the above , UNIPHARMA will keep reviewing the Quality policies and Quality targets periodically in order to ensure application , adherence and improving those issues continuously
General Director Dr. Adnan Maatou